June 16, 2021

Dwelling fire

Dwelling Fire Coverage insures houses and condos “rented to others." It is critical to point out that a “Homeowner Policy” is designed exclusively for homes that are occupied by the “owner” - it is not the proper policy for homes rented to others.

This contract is similar to a Homeowners Policy, however, it includes additional critical coverages for this exposure that homeowner policies will not. In particular, the Dwelling Fire Policy insures the “Loss of Rental Income” that will occur as a result of a “covered” property loss (i.e. fire or hurricane). Additionally, it can cover Personal Property of the owner (i.e., furniture and contents), for homes rented fully furnished.

Like a homeowner policy, the “Dwelling Fire Policy” also insures the premises liability and can provide Medical Payments coverage for injured persons (third party only).

Contact Us Button